Well as I have let the entire internet know via Twitter that I failed my driving test lets go through some analysis. But first a little bit of information about the Burges Hill driving test center two important things:
- The test center does have a toilet
- Don’t be tempted to touch the tap in the toilet it fell off when I used it
As for the test itself the results were as follows:
- Dangerous – 0
- Serious – 2
- about 5 minutes into the test I was approaching another car which I expected to stop and it didn’t I did not slow down enough to be able to safely park and the examiner had to use the brake.
- about half way through the test I thought it was a national speed limit (no driveways or side roads for a while and no lamp posts) so I was doing about 38 in a 30 zone.
- Minor – 6
- Control -> Gears – don’t know what this was I probably went round a corner in 3rd gear.
- Use of Mirrors -> Change Speed – didn’t look in my rear view mirror when changing gear.
- User of Speed – As with the serious I probably went over 30 in a 30 zone.
- Progress -> Undue Hesitation – There was a right turn that had two vans parked on either side of the left turn restricting my vision.
- Junctions -> Observation – I didn’t check my mirror on the second part of a consecutive turn.
- Positioning -> Normal Driving – I probably moved a little too close to the kerb or central markings.
I knew I had failed within the first 5 minutes of the test, that didn’t make it any easier, it was very strange being in a car without Kev there – I have never driven anywhere without Kev. I am going to try and book another test for the Easter holidays after I have had a little more practice.