Today was a new skill, parking in a shopping center car park. Or at least an adaption of existing skills.
- Get yourself parallel to the line kerb equivalent, roughly a doors width from the bounding line of the parking space.
- Reverse until the near side bounding line of the parking space is about half way through rear window.
- Once at this position steer full lock to the left.
- Keep reversing, making corrections by straightening up then moving back to full lock.
- As you finally come round to parallel to the left and right bounding lines straighten up.
- Reverse until the front bounding line is level with the mirrors.
That’s roughly it, I think. Hopefuly I will get to practice it again next week and draw you all a diagram. This week I was less hesitant than I had been in the past, I still made mistakes and got confused by the trafic but I was more decicivie. Felt conftable and confident in the car, if a little weary of being asked to do emergency stops again.