Today I start a course of sunday meetings, weekly house groups and daily readings centered arround God’s purpose for our lives, Rick Warren wrote it, God designed it.
Todays topic is It all starts with God, and the point of todays reading was it’s not about me, I would say that this could also be read as It’s all about God which reminds me of a song by Delerious called The Heart Of Worship, google the Lyrics they are quite something.
At the end of each days reading Rick asks us to think upon a question, today this question is In spite of all the advertising arround me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God not myself?
– Turn to God in everything, not just when you are thankful or when you are in need.
– Say hello to God in the morning, say good night before you go to sleep. You would say hello to your husband or wife in the morning, isn’t God there more often than they are?
– Read God’s word… more importantly understand it!
Todays memory verse is “Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him” Colossians 1:16b (Msg)
– “all things were created by him and for him.” (NIV)
– “all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him.” (AMP)