Hiding Malware in Share Buttons
Some creative individuals have found a way of hiding card skimming malware in the sharing buttons used on various websites. A timely reminder to know what 3rd parties you us and what they might be vulnerable to.
Google, Adobe, Valve and Microsoft Patches
Both Google and Microsoft emitted a slew of updates in the last week including fixes for undisclosed vulnerabilities in Chrome, Windows and Microsoft Teams.
- High-Severity Chrome Bugs Allow Browser Hacks
- When is a remote-code-execution bug in Teams not an RCE? When Microsoft says it isn't, flaw finder…
- Amnesia-33 vulnerabilities affect 158 vendors, millions of devices | SC Media
- Adobe Warns Windows, macOS Users of Critical-Severity Flaws
- InfoSec Handlers Diary Blog
- Patch Tuesday, Good Riddance 2020 Edition
- D-Link Routers at Risk for Remote Takeover from Zero-Day Flaw
- Critical Steam Flaws Could Let Gamers to Crash Opponents' Computers
- The patch that wasn't: Cisco emits fresh fixes for NTLM hash-spilling vuln and XSS-RCE combo in…
Kmart hit in Egregor Ransomware Attack
This is a very US-centric post; however it serves to remind that Retail is a huge target at the moment:
- Kmart, a vulnerable target, among those hit in Egregor ransomware attack spree | SC Media
- It's not just the economy and bad management messing with Kmart - ransomware crews are there too
Travel Agent drops the ball and gives away customer data on purpose, by accident
In an attempt to do something cool, a travel agent accidentally gave access to customer data to participants during a hackathon.
Managing Instance Metadata Service Data
Check Point Software posted a great article about how to manage the security of Instance Metadata in AWS; many of the points are valuable in Azure and GCP too.
Cyber Security in Healthcare
Given the times we live in; there has been a big focus over the last few months on CyberSecurity in Healthcare. This week has been no exception:
- Healthcare in Crisis: Diagnosing Cybersecurity Shortcomings in Unprecedented Times
- As DNA Synthesis Evolves, Cyber-Physical Attack Worries Grow
- Insider Report: Healthcare Security Woes Balloon in COVID-Era
- Europol Warns COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Vulnerable to Fraud, Theft
- COVID-19 Vaccine Cyberattacks Steal Credentials, Spread Zebrocy Malware
1,000,000,000,000 USD lost to Cyber Attacks in 2020
Security News points out the cost of cyber attacks this year is a huge number; yet companies are often poorly prepared.
SANS Breaks down qbot
Once again SANS have given us a great brekdown of how Qakbot/Qbot works, I really enjoy the deeply technical articles SANS posts:
PLEASE_READ_ME Reaches a Grim Milestone
Seems this year is full of grim milestones, between COVID-19 and threat actors attacking services. In the latest of these Threat Post points out that 85,000 MySQL servers have been breached having their data exfiltrated and ransomed back in a unsophisticated, yet high volume attack.